I have a DE filter and when I cleaned the filter and added new DE, the pressure started out at about 10 psi. After a few months, the pressure slowly climbed up to about 15. I understand this is normal and I was watching to see when it got to level it needed to be backwashed.
But when the leaves began falling, I fell behind in my ability to keep them cleaned out. Some got through and into the filter type basket immediately before the pump. The pressure dropped to about 10. When I cleaned this basket, the pressure went back to its previous level.
Unfortunately, I let it happen again. Today when I cleaned the basket out, the pressure remained at about 10.
Do you think I let some get into the pump and caused a reduction in pressure. Or is there some other problem I am not aware of.
Thanks for your thoughts.