Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Care of rail pockets on intex ultra frame

1. Back To Top    #1

Care of rail pockets on intex ultra frame

I have a 26' round intex and I live in north east Florida so I am leaving the pool up thru the winter. My concern is that year round sun exposure will cause the vinyl above the waterline to become brittle. Does anyone know of a product that I could use on it that will help to ensure that the vinyl remains plyable?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Care of rail pockets on intex ultra frame

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Care of rail pockets on intex ultra frame

Thank you so much! I had not heard of aerospace protectant 303. I'm reading up on it now and so far sounds like it may be just the ticket.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)