Hot Tub Leaking

brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
My pool fills the hot tub and then overflows into the pool. So when the pump shuts down the hot tub level is full. In the 8 hours between pump cycles the hot tub seems to drain / leak 3 - 4 inches of water. This appears to have started about 6 weeks ago. Can't really tell if it leaking back thru the system into the pool or if I have a break in the line. I don't find any wet spots in the yard but most of the piping is below the pool deck so it could be leaking below concrete.

Any ideas what could be happening? Is there a check valve I should look for that may be clogged?

Is your spa raised from the pool?

If the Spa drain is open even slightly the water will push through the system into the pool when the pumps are all off, so i would start with that.

Make sure your Spa Drain is fully closed and the valve isn't leaking if it is in fact closed.

There should also be a check valve on the spa returns. If that is leaking then the water will flow backward through the spa return to the pool.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.