Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I must have touched something I shouldn't have. :oops: I shortened the pump run time a few days ago to run from 11:00am to 4:00pm in the Easytouch settings. The past 2 days I have noticed that the spa water level is near the bottom of the border tile. The rest of the pool is fine. The spa is raised, if that makes any difference. It's not being splashed out, so it is draining into the pool.

Any ideas of what to check?

Thank you in advance!

Is the spa lowering to the pool water level?

Make sure the spa valves are closed all the way and make sure the check valve is working ... those are really the only path back to the pool.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thanks jb, the spa water level drops about 1.5" from one day to the next. The spa is raised 18" over the pool with a waterfall.

I just went to look at valves, and discovered a drip coming from under the collar of the part that has a red warning label on it. The other day I replaced the pressure gauge on top of the DE filter. I turned off the pump, put it in "service mode" then let air out by squeezing the tabs on the side. I may have also turned the base to let air out. I 'm pretty sure I did. I replaced the gauge, and snugged everything back up. Then I turned on the pump. No explosions, so I thought I did ok.

I am including pics of the valves. One does look like it may be open a bit... but these automatically turn when I turn on the spa heater. I don't think I should manually force it. I don't remember it always being like this, but I can look back at older pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 41
I did buy one of those liquid filled gauges, but it's not here yet.

My pump always hangs around 18-20psi..on low speed. I have to turn the pump up to get a true reading. (I'm going to backwash but not until I get the leak fixed.)

Well, I fixed the leak.. we'll see how the spa water level is tomorrow. (fingers crossed..)

My liquid gauge arrived today. :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.