Above ground winter pool cover has hole. Help!!!

Dec 7, 2012
New to the forum here. Hi to all.

Northeast Ohio. Winter pool cover on and all is well. Then, noticing that without an accumulation of rain, top is accumulating water which must be from below. I'm imagining that it will continue to take on water and weigh down the cover to stress. This means war! Except I haven't got a clue, after 20 years of owning an above ground pool, what to do.

Can I leave it alone?
We do have an electric siphon, but to what end?
Should I get a pair of waders and get in there for a repair?

Halp....

Signed,

Waiting for winter to happen in earnest.

You can either take it off and try and find the hole, which may not be patchable anyway, or try some air pillows underneath to get through the season. Either way you will have to pump the water off.

Well it will be a temporary fix, it may not hold back the water (depending on the size and the adhesive used), and hopefully its not on a seam. If you decide to patch, I would use a patch kit for tarps. Can you see the hole? How big is it? Is the cover a tarp like material? How old is it? Most covers have a pro-rated warranty, patching it might void it.

As long as the pool is not leaking, I don't see why you would have to pump the water off. Our cover always has a few hundred gallons sitting on top of it mid winter and actually helps keep the cover down during windy days. My agp cover actually states that the seam is not water proof...just keep the water level below the skimmer. As long as the hole is not large enough to allow debris seeping in, you may as well leave it alone, IMO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.