For the past six years I have been a pool owner and for the last three of those a BBB pool owner. That was one of the best things I ever did. Well we just moved and although the new house doesn't have a pool it comes with a 400gal Artic Spa. Good thing I knew where to come to!
The deal is the spa has been sitting unused for at leat 2 years. The cover is waterlogged and a new one is on order. There is some floating organic material (black algae?) and the level has evaporated to about 50%. I'm assuming there's all sorts of things growing in the plumbing as well.
So where to start on a spa that hasn't been maintained? Not really interested in heading to a store based on my pool experience. Should I just bring the water level up as high as I can go, shock the heck of it, then use some of the Spa Flush mentioned in the sticky? Sounds like at least step 1.
Thanks in advance.