For Sale: Polaris 9300 (also seeking fb on price, etc.)

May 24, 2011
North Central Texas
I have a relative that is asking questions on how is the best way to sell this item. Right now they have it posted on craigslist but no one has responded.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/hsh/3454702408.html

Any advice on how their price is, anything they can add to the description, or a better place to advertise than CL? (I only know the small above ground pools, so this is out of my league.)

Thanks for any advice!

$700 is a bit high for a cleaner that has been used for a year. I would recommend selling it for about half retail ($450) if they want to sell it quickly. You can probably get more through an eBay auction but then you have to pay eBay their cut as well.

They might have better luck in the spring. Just to give you an idea on pricing. When I've sold a cleaner on CL I start at 60% of retail and usually end up selling it for 40-50% of retail. And this is for cleaners that have only been used for a few weeks to a month. A cleaner that was used for an entire season most likely is not going to sell for over 50% of retail. I could be wrong, just going based on my experience in the Sacramento, CA CL market. It may be different where you are.

Thanks. I just found two completed listings on ebay and sent the links to them. One was used for 3 months and sold for $550. The other was said to have been used only twice and sold for $625. I think that will give them an idea of what they might could get on ebay, but also confirm what you said, that the price was a bit high, especially for CL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.