Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New inground liner

1. Back To Top    #1

New inground liner

We have an IG pool, Grecian shape, 20+ k. which will be getting a new liner in Spring. We are installing it ourselves. I closed this fall with water in. I plan to drain the pool and measure in the Spring, leaving the old liner in until the new one comes, then make the change. My question is this--How long can the pool stay empty between liner removal and new installation?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New inground liner

That depends on the ground stability and ground water level around the pool. In most cases a week or two isn't a problem, often enough much longer is also not a problem. However if you have lots of ground water, or unusually soft soil conditions, there can be problems very quickly. If ground water is an issue for you, you generally need to use well points to lower the water table around the pool for the entire period while the pool is empty.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School