Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with my Sta rite 333NA pool heater!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with my Sta rite 333NA pool heater!

My heater doesn't start because the air blower doesn't start. My air blower motor spins freely but won't start on it's own. A little spin with a screwdriver and the unit runs perfectly. I believe it is a capacitor. I tried and tried to track this $20.00 part down and cannot find it anywhere. Everyone wants to sell me a new blower motor. If anyone has an suggestions, knows where I can find this capacitor or has an old blower motor that I can use the capacitor from, please respond! Btw, on the capacitor, it says "CBB60 8UF 250VAC". It is a round capacitor and 1-1/8" wide and 1-5/8" high with a black and red wire coming out of the top.
    Crown Dentistry in Ithaca If you’re suffering from any kind of dental health problem near Ithaca, NY area, family dentist Dr. Ali can help you. Please call (607) 216-9399 to contact Dr. Ali’s family dentistry.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with my Sta rite 333NA pool heater!

Here's a few from Amazon. Don't worry about the voltage as long as it's equal to or greater than the one you need.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I checked on Amazon, Ebay, called various companies, they do not have the size that we need. They won't fit inside because they are all too big. That's why I think my best bet is to find someone with the air blower that they are not using and possibly get the capacitor from that.
    Crown Dentistry in Ithaca If you’re suffering from any kind of dental health problem near Ithaca, NY area, family dentist Dr. Ali can help you. Please call (607) 216-9399 to contact Dr. Ali’s family dentistry.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Start looking on craigslist for a used heater like yours at a decent price and you'll have plenty of parts for repairs. I can tell you I have never seen anyone replace the capacitor in these motors. They all get thrown out and a new motor is put in its place. All of the large pool equipment companies do this. So I think you will have a hard time finding what you need. Have you called Pentair to see what they could possibly do or maybe tell you where you might find this part?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,