Any Cleaner do true 90 degree corners?

Aug 18, 2012
Sacramento CA
Back to playing with the idea of a cleaner - it just occured that many brag about how tight an intersection they can manage, but I haven't see one which claims to do a 90 x 90 corner - of which I have 2 - both are on a wall hugging the fence line, if that explains the complete lack of radius on the intersection of both south wall to east and west walls.

There is a tiny radius between the floor and the south wall, but not much.

Should I count on going out every 30 minutes and freeing the cleaner from the corners?

The 3 steps are also square blocks, but are easily reached.

As always, thanks for any info!

dave

What type of cleaners are you taking about? Most robot cleaners will reverse direction. So when it hits the wall and stops, it will eventually reverse direction and had away from the wall.

Suction cleaners will not do this and I imagine that is what you are thinking of. I am not sure if pressure side cleaners reverse suction or not ... I doubt it.

A robot may not climb the wall, but it should not stay stuck.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I've got a very noisy booster - looks to be mid-80's original.

Using it was first choice - I'm leaning to the Polaris 280 - would its back-up valve keep it moving?

If I can find a bargain on a robot, that would be my new first choice.

The way the thing is plumbed (2-hole skimmer), suction would involve repeated connects and disconnects - either have a skimmer or have a cleaner, not both at the same time.

I have a square pool but with rounded edges at the bottom of the pool on the corners. i have a Polaris 280 and its great. it does get stuck in one corner which is at the limit of the hose (and i suspect if the hose was a foot longer it would climb the wall and move on) but my point is when it gets stuck in that corner the back up valve effectively moves it on.

Regards

Kev

Thanks!

Speaking of deals on robots - how about a Polaris 9300 for $100? Local Craigslist - the neighborhood listed is a "Pleasant Valley Sunday" type of place, for what that's worth.

How badly could a person go wrong (assuming said person has access to a well- equipped shop with all kinds of tools)?

For those wondering what one looks like: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/3421617955.html
No info other than "don't work; don't know why - but I'm sure it's an easy fix". Gotta love these folks...

I have an old Hayward Pool Vac suction type cleaner. I have a couple of 90 degree corners where the baja shelf and the steps meet the pool walls. The cleaner has never got stuck in the corners. It bounces off the wall a few times then heads off in a different direction. It has enough flow to pull almost any debris out of the corner.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.