Security net for kids advice, is this one ok?

Jan 9, 2012
Argentina
Hi All

I`m wanting to buy a security net (or fence) for our new pool. Its about 25feet by 16feet in size.

Currently I`m living in Argentina so need to buy from a local source. I`ve looked at catchakid and other nets and they seem more advanced than Argentine ones. This is
one i`ve come across, translated
http://translate.google.com/transla...www.pringlesnet.com/cubrepiletas.html&act=url

but am concerned the mesh is too small and would be inviting to the kids to walk on it. The manufacturers said it would only drop 30cm in the center but that would still mean it would touch the water surface.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It looks like it is similar to a standard safety cover. Yes it will let you get wet, but you won't go under water even out in the middle. For very young children there would still be a risk, but it is certainly much safer than an open pool or a tarp-type cover.

I use a fence with self-latching gates and add a safety cover in the winter on my pool.

Thanks. Its for my two boys , one is 2 and the other 4 years. I`m concerned they might start walking on it and it`ll drop into the water which even a few inches could be dangerous.
The nets from katchakid look to have a mesh about 4 inches in size so it would be less attractive for kids to walk on as their feet could slip through the mesh. The one in my link has a very small mesh and may become a trampoline!

A fence is really a last resort, as we are not keen on the look of them and they cost 3 times as much as the net. So after alot of thinking decided would prefer to keep the kids supervised and put a net over the pool whenever its not in use.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.