Water leaking all of a sudden

Jul 1, 2012
North Atlanta
Hello

I came home one day and noticed my pool looked different (After it rains I have a pool on top of the pool and a little pump to drain the water well if there's holes in the tarp what am I draining right)

It's a 18x36 vinyl and I covered it about a month ago with a cheap tarp... I blew the lines out and drained the filter.

I've lost about 6-8 inches over the past week. There were no leaks up to the closing

I've been reading some other posts and heard about the Hydrostat valve.

Couple of questions

How do I know if I even have one? (Hydrostat valve)

and last I brought the water level back up today to the skimmer right at it

If it leaks again should I just let it keep leaking? As I'm ready for a new liner

Thanks Alot

Sean

The part about the rain kinda threw me off.

If your water table isn't above the bottom of the pool or hasn't risen above the bottom lately, I'd guess it isn't the hydrostatic valve as there's been no event to open it. They generally leak by sticking open.

I'd let it leak down till it stopped and see where that is. You could have a hole in the liner or it coud be a protrusion (light, steps, etc.) leaking.

Bama Rambler said:
The part about the rain kinda threw me off.

If your water table isn't above the bottom of the pool or hasn't risen above the bottom lately, I'd guess it isn't the hydrostatic valve as there's been no event to open it. They generally leak by sticking open.

I'd let it leak down till it stopped and see where that is. You could have a hole in the liner or it coud be a protrusion (light, steps, etc.) leaking.

What's funny now Is I filled it up yesterday to the bottom of the skimmer right at it, and now it's not leaking..

Could it be that my mother in law drained enough water down to trigger the hydrostat valve to open

Just trying to see what really happened..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.