Weird foaming!!!

Nov 28, 2012
I'm trying to keep my 2012 Hot Spot Relay in good condition and so far it has looked and ran great, but in the last week it has started to foam horribly but ONLY when i allow air flow into my jets. When they have no air flow through them the tub looks amazing. Any ideas? I thought maybe it could be a problem with having to much antifoam in the tub and maybe it just started collecting a film on top but their is no sign of any film on top. I know most people would say drain with a spa problem like that but draining is a huge hassle in my location. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What's your water's hardness level? Water hardness will reduce foaming. We usually recommend 120-150 ppm Calcium Hardness, but with regard to just reducing foaming, magnesium hardness works as well so this is one case where Total Hardness would be relevant. On the other hand, if you are using anti-foaming or other products, who knows what could happen.

Could be coming from your swim suits being washed too much with the normal amount of detergent. Try not washing them, hang them up outside or in the bathroom to air dry. Or use half the amount of detergent to wash ONLY the suits by themselves.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.