Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Balanced OK?

1. Back To Top    #1

Balanced OK?

Seems I have to have my TA at 50 PPM to keep water balanced. (PH steady at 7.5) I was wondering if my readings are OK. Salt water using a SWG. (Techniclor) 2150 PPM Mineral Salt

PH= 7.5
    TA = 50
    CH = 250
    FC = 2
    CYA = 15 (still adding on fresh fill)
    Borate = 45

Am I OK with these numbers or does the TA need to be higher? Any other needed changes? If I raise my TA, seems PH drifts up
    Barrier Reef Pacific1-Pacific color 37'9" X 14'1" fiberglass IG ~ 17,500 gallons, FHPM1.0-2 Jandy FloPro pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Waterco Multicyclone 16 pre filter, Jandy CV580 filter, 3 PAL-2000 RU LED lights, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 2" rigid pvc suction and return plumbing, BBB method, TF100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Balanced OK?

A TA of 50 ppm is perfectly fine and it what is normally expected/needed for a spa when using a hypochlorite source of chlorine or an SWG. You may find that the pH settles in more at 7.7 or 7.8 which would also be OK. So it sounds like you're in good shape. Are you increasing CYA by using pure CYA or are you adding Dichlor after each soak (instead of using boost mode on the SWG) to build up the CYA?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Balanced OK?

Thank you for the reply. I am using pure CYA since I had to buy it in that form last time. I am using the sock method again. Thank you Chem Geek
    Barrier Reef Pacific1-Pacific color 37'9" X 14'1" fiberglass IG ~ 17,500 gallons, FHPM1.0-2 Jandy FloPro pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Waterco Multicyclone 16 pre filter, Jandy CV580 filter, 3 PAL-2000 RU LED lights, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 2" rigid pvc suction and return plumbing, BBB method, TF100 Kit