sundance spa, Pumps or Air wont come on

karney

Nov 28, 2012
I messed up. I went to fill my tub up a little bit and then detached the hose from the spigot and let it drop and left. All the water drained out threw the hose and it ran all night with no water. I filled it back up this morning and went to start it and all seemed well until the jets just stopped. The buttons would act like they wanted to work i could hear clicks but nothing, no noise or anything. The air button didnt even work. So, I unplugged for 30 min plugged it back in and it worked again for about 5 min then stopped. Its not air locked. I unplug again and this time nothing. Lights come on and off display seems fine, clicks are heard. Its an older sundance Sentry spa.

Could be a thermal cutoff switch inside the pump. Either it's shot, or something is causing the pump to overheat, tripping the cut-off switch.

Do the pumps sound normal? IE. not extra noisy or no excess vibration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.