New Pool in SE Texas-New Pics

Re: New Pool in SE Texas

DIY Landscaping is done!
DSC_1871_zpsbe1949b3.jpg

DSC_1846_zps7d517b2c.jpg

DSC_1845_zps3a5b7c53.jpg

DSC_1843_zps48a26e49.jpg

DSC_1841_zps5d3de9aa.jpg

Spring break swimming was great; we’ll see what 7 days @ 87F yields $?
DSC_1793_zps4594d3fc.jpg

DSC_1777_zpse667e78b.jpg

Shane1 said:
Looks great!
Thanks
denaw said:
This is one Family Fun build...I love it..and I just love the Dog too!!!
Thanks :-D The dog (Dice) is a knucklehead. We knew he liked water early on, he won his class first time out at a Dock Dogs jump contest. But, wow, after the pool build we are literally battling to keep him out. He swims constantly and goes into a type of swim & jump-trance, yelps and powers through the water for hours on end. It's a cycle of jumping from the sun deck into the water over and over (cold weather / water doesn't slow him down). We cannot keep weight on him; it's to the point where he's lost 10 lbs, constantly grinds his nails into the blood vein and scrubs his foot pads completely off (not a good site on the pool deck). It's past the cute & funny and we've resorted to strict training. Our Go-Word is "SWIM"; bad choice on our part~he picks it up during any and all conversations. He will sit and wait, FOCUSED on a conversation in the group, waiting for it. He's definitely a Water-Dog and makes everyone laugh with his swim-singing!

Ohhh Myyy!!..Ok....I laughed at so much of your post, then chringed on other parts!..Poooor Baby....My Son and his Fiance are living with us until the people they bought a house from move out....they have 2 dogs, one boxer and one part black lab...We live on Lake Conroe, and Tux (The Lab) has discovered "the Lake" so now everytime we let her out to potty, we have to stay in close contact or she runs right to the bulk head and dives in!...I cannot wait to get the water in the pool...I"ll have fewer heart attacks of worrying if a dog (we also have 2 very big boxers and a small mix) OR grandkid will fall in on that concrete!
You have a beautiful place!
Dena

denaw said:
Ohhh Myyy!!..Ok....I laughed at so much of your post, then chringed on other parts!..Poooor Baby....My Son and his Fiance are living with us until the people they bought a house from move out....they have 2 dogs, one boxer and one part black lab...We live on Lake Conroe, and Tux (The Lab) has discovered "the Lake" so now everytime we let her out to potty, we have to stay in close contact or she runs right to the bulk head and dives in!...I cannot wait to get the water in the pool...I"ll have fewer heart attacks of worrying if a dog (we also have 2 very big boxers and a small mix) OR grandkid will fall in on that concrete!
You have a beautiful place!
Dena
I can only imagine living on a lake and Lake Conroe is certainly beautiful! I'll bet Tux is in heaven in the lake water, but I can relate to the concern.
Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sdspencer said:
I am cracking up at your dog, Dice. That is funny and sad at the same time!

Great pool!
..last night the rawhide chews arrive (I buy them in bulk); great swim-deterrent~keeps him occupied for hours. Well this batch is apparently cured/made differently than the last. About 9PM, he starts pacing and acting strange, then his whole body becomes covered in whelps. 50mg Benadryl saves us a trip to the ER :hammer: That about sums him up, he resembles the "laugh or cry" remark!

markadamarnold said:
Love the pool, love the dog and love the landscaping! Can you tell me the measurements of your waterfall? We are planning something close around our tanning ledge, but ours will be 12'L x 2.5' high. Your kitchen build page is amazing as well...makes me hungry.
Thanks for the compliments!!
Total width of waterfall (on radius) with blending skirt rocks is about 25', height is 4.5'. If I remember correctly, the total tonnage was about 8 tons (moss rock). I'm not seeing any leaching; the moss rock is holding up very well with no sealing.

The landscaping looks great! I'm impressed you did it yourself and as I've mentioned in other posts I think you've inspired me to have a crack at doing my outdoor kitchen myself. We are going to do the landscaping ourselves too though we have nothing so elaborate planned for that as you, just a few plants and some palms... (famous last words like 'let's get a simple pool' when my wife and I talked about starting out on this process...! :mrgreen: )

cbink said:
The landscaping looks great! I'm impressed you did it yourself and as I've mentioned in other posts I think you've inspired me to have a crack at doing my outdoor kitchen myself. We are going to do the landscaping ourselves too though we have nothing so elaborate planned for that as you, just a few plants and some palms... (famous last words like 'let's get a simple pool' when my wife and I talked about starting out on this process...! :mrgreen: )
Thanks again! I think we let the landscaping get out of hand. But we did get a few unlucky teenagers who slept over; they weren't expecting to wake up to tons of rock and 10+yds of dirt :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.