EasyTouch / ScreenLogic 2 Issues

Jun 19, 2011
First off I have to say that Pentair wrote an absolutely horrible users manual for the DIY'er in setting up this system to work the right way. It's so bad I didn't know where to turn so I thought I'd try here to get some advice.

1. I have an EasyTouch 8 system. An Intelliflow VS pump (for the pool), a Pentair 2 speed pump (for the spa) and a Intelliclor system.

Here are my problems:

-How do I set up multiple speeds in ScreenLogic 2 for the VS pump? I've tried everything to make this work but I can only get the first speed setting to work. I can turn it up or down like that but it would be nice to set up multiple speeds on the pump screen with a click of a button.

-How do I control the 2 speed pump from the screenlogic 2 software? I can hit the spa button and the pump goes to high speed but I can't get the pump to go to low speed and I don't know how to set that up.

Any help would be appreciated. Good or bad.

Thanks

I don't have the screen logic but wanted to make sure you actually have the correct relay for your 2 speed pump. When I purchased my ET4 the dealer said "of course it's a 2 speed relay" well after it came in the mail it was a 3hp relay not the 2 speed relay needed. After multiple tries they still couldn't get me the right relay. So I got the right one somewhere else.

Your issue may be caused by the wrong relay.

No it's actually the correct relay and it actually works if I control it through the outside panel. I spoke to Pentair today and without some serious work arounds which may or may not work and alot of headaches, I have the wrong system and my pool builder messed up big time. Since I have two seperate systems (2 pumps, two filters, 2 heaters), I need the Intellitouch i10+3 personality board to control both systems seperately. Somewhat good news is the load center is interchangeable with both systems so I can just unhook the easytouch board and plug the i10 in. BTW, I will have a EasyTouch 8 Main Board for sale soon. If anyone wants it, make me an offer :)

Did you specify the Easy Touch 8 when building or was that what the PB recommended based on design?
If your PB messed up, what are they doing to make it right?
It would be nice if there was a POOL Builder review website like there is for RV's and campgrounds. Might help folks remedy issues quicker.

I didn't specify because I figured he knew what he was doing. The problem is they are now MIA and I've been forced to learn this stuff on my own. It's amazing how some people can sleep at night knowning they screwed a client. I can file a complaint with the state of Florida but I doubt it will do much. I just want my system to work so I'm learning as I go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.