Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Early 90's Dimension One Spa with Ozone Generator - Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Early 90's Dimension One Spa with Ozone Generator - Question

I found your forum this summer while trying to troubleshoot my cloudy pool water (which I solved thanks to trouble free pool and the forums). Now I am looking for some help with my spa. The hot tub came with the house but the very organized owner passed on every manual and receipt as well as gave us step by step instructions.

However, while trying to establish proper CH, TA, PH and finally FC levels I need to understand this ozone generator thing. Hoping someone here will be able to help.

The crystal zone 2000 manual tells me that the ozone generator is part of the sanitation process, and that our FC should be only about 1ppm. Right now it's 5ppm.

Do I trust that this ozone generator is working? It also instructs that the ozone level should be .1ppm, how do I measure that?

Any help would be appreciated. I figure if nothing else I will maintain all my levels as if the ozone generator is not there.

250 gallon 1994 Dimension One Spa
    Carrie
    24' round doughboy w/ 3/4 hp pump and 150lb sand filter.........newbie with lots to learn!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Early 90's Dimension One Spa with Ozone Generator - Ques

Your ozonater should do everything it needs to on its own. Just maintain your chlorine around 3 to 4 range and you will have a easy time keeping your spa nice. Ozone is used with chlorine because ozone doesn't have a long residual time so another sanitizer (chlorine, bromine, etc...) is needed to keep the sanitation process in line. Hope this helped and enjoy your spa.
    Home and Roam 48" waterline 27' Round Above Ground Pool (acquired when we bought our house - pool is in the middle of a large deck
    Gallons approx. 15,054
    Hayward 100lb sand filter - sand replaced end of last season (2011)
    Hayward pump
    All seals and gaskets for pump and filter replaced this year

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Early 90's Dimension One Spa with Ozone Generator - Ques

Do I trust that this ozone generator is working? It also instructs that the ozone level should be .1ppm, how do I measure that?
    If it was installed in the early 90's I'm sure it's power was used up a very long time ago. Ultra Pure ozone makes a test kit for testing ozone levels.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps