New Member on Long Island

Hi!

I live on Long Island (near New York City), have had a pool for 12 years, and learned most of what I learned the hard way - making mistakes and correcting them - mostly on my own.

Mine is a 20 x 40 vinyl rectangle pool with a roman end, 30,000 gallons with a simple sand filter powered by a 1HP motor. I changed the liner in '02, and ditched the DE filter for sand. 6,000 square foot of Nickel-Lock pavers surrounds my pool area and makes my patio. There's a small shed we call a cabana with a toilet and shower, but it' in need of repair. That will be my spring 2013 project. I use a Loop-Lock mesh cover. The steel walled structure and piping was put in by a previous owner in 1987.

I've figured out how to open and close a nearly perfect pool over the last 8 years, but I do have some questions.

Looking forward to talking to all of you in the wake of hurricane Sandy, which gave me a lot of extra work to do.

John

Thanks! Sandy was one for the ages. A dozen trees down plus no power for 8 days made for an awful mess. Still, I feel lucky that no structural damage or reason to make an insurance claim. Just a bit of inconvenience really; can't say the same for some neighbors or relatives in NJ - who had flood damage. Which makes me really lucky, as I live really close to the water (Long Island Sound). :)