New home, confused about waterfall/pond(videos)

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
Hello all,
I take care of a pool, im totaly new to ponds, sorry for the dumb questions.

The pond/waterfall has a 2hp pump and a sand filter, she has no idea if it was home to fish in the past. Im thinking no, the inlet for filter is just a pvc pipe with a check valve head.
Of course the fish would get sucked in, do you think i could just have some kind of screen?

If we decide to Not have fish, how can i clear alegae off of rocks with out adding chlorine? pool alegacide? or do i have to drain and clean each rock off?(wouldnt it eventually return ?) I know that with out chlorine it'll never be clear + wouldnt it kill the bamboo plants aswell?

With out chemicals, how do i keep mosquitos in check?
If there is no fish should i still check TA and PH to preserve pump or does it even matter?

Hey Thanks Guys!
[youtube:1ljop34t]Y5_4bWgOMRY[/youtube:1ljop34t]
[youtube:1ljop34t]G0lbRnCDCOw[/youtube:1ljop34t]

The filter, pump, and heater is for the nice pool spa combo and is a good set up. As for the pond it should have its own system it is seperate from the pool. It apears to have a submersable pump to make the water fall run. With out a filter system and chlorine you will not be ableto keep the water clear as far as the bamboo it is a tough plant and should not be affected by chlorinated water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.