Help: Need to shut off Pool Autofill

Nov 23, 2012
I need to shut off my pool Autofill valve to determine where I may have a leak. I'm getting a lot of water from my overflow and backwash drain and trying to diagnos the problem. Except I can't figure out how to shut down my autofill. Its connected to my sprinkler system and I thought if I just turned my sprinkler system off that should do it but it didn't. I seem to find a shut off valve. I attached a picture of it here. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Autofillvalve.jpg
    Autofillvalve.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 281
Are you sure the autofill is not the problem? I had a problem with my autofill where it wasn't adjusted correctly and would continue to run. BTW - I have a cut off valve, but also can adjust the auto fill not to run. Mine is slightly different from yours.

I think steeler123 is attempting to do a drain down test to see where his water level stops (near the leaky problem). Your shut off valve is elsewhere. Did you simply turn the sprinler system off? If so, you need to locate the shut off valve to the whole system. Sometimes there are two, one main, one secondary. If you can find the main that would be the best. Look for an access box in the ground, and don't be surprised if it is burried slightly.

Good luck! :)

See that fitting hiding under the water in your pic? It's just below the white lever. That is the overflow outlet (if your pool is plumbed to use that spot as the overflow). Mine has a standpipe there. It's just a piece of PVC pipe, stuck into that fitting, that extends an inch or two above the level where the autofill shuts off. When rain overfills the pool, the excess drains off via the standpipe until the level is below the top of the standpipe.

Did the standpipe somehow get removed from yours or is your overflow drained from somewhere else?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.