Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Screenlogic didn't restart properly

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Diego, CA

Screenlogic didn't restart properly

This week I had to switch the pool loadcenter/power to service briefly in order to restart the pump after finding that the kids had clogged the skimmer and the pump was sucking in air. After fixing things, restarting, and putting the system back into 'auto' mode -- everything seemed to startup fine. However, it's two days later and I just realized that screenlogic never started and all the custom heating schedules created in screenlogic have not been in effect. The intellitouch controls are still working, just everything that screenlogic does above and beyond seems down and the screenlogic mgmt app is not able to connect. I still see a link up switch on the router I have to suspect either it is crashed and wont boot, has completely wiped its config, or needs to be forceibly reset.

Anyone else seen this happen before? What did you do?
    24K gallon inground gunite/pebble sheen pool, 34'x16' 4-7.5ft deep, 750sq ft solar, pentair ultratemp, intelliflow vs+, ic60, intellichem w/ acid pump, quad de 100, intellibright 5g, intellitouch i5-3s with Screenlogic2, 3" primary piping - 2.5" at equip pad, auto switched deep heating and main returns, automatic safety cover w/ electronic lock and embedded recessed undertrack, sealed stamped concrete deck, dolphin deluxe 5, started up December 2011.

2. Back To Top    #2

Orange County, CA

Re: Screenlogic didn't restart properly

What happens if you power cycle the SL2 ethernet->RS485 bridge? The fact that the Intellitouch is still working, but SL2 does not would suggest that the SL2 is just not listening on the RS485 bus.

BTW, what information is stored by the SL2? Shouldn't all of these settings be stored on the Intellitouch? I can imagine that the SL2 might store realtime data for plotting trends, but the configuration should be mostly stored in the Intellitouch.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.