DIG 220 Intermittent Error Messages

Nov 22, 2012
Hi,
I have a DIG220 and it is about 6 years old. I very recently replaced the cell with a Compupool and it worked just fine for about a month. I now intermittently see Check/C together with Low Amp error messages flashing in alternate fashion. Sometimes the messages show up and other times they do not. I cleaned the cell but as can be expected after a short time in use it hardly had any scaling. It seems to be chlorinating but I am guessing not too efficiently. I had my water tested and adjusted all parameters as suggested. This did not change the errors. I checked both fuses on the main board and both tested fine.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Andre

I ordered enough to change all of them, and I think I should just do that. The one you are referring to is actually still nice and light blue, no bulging and no discoloration. Makes sense to replace all while I have the board out. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Success!!

Replaced the capacitors last night and hooked up the board this afternoon. Powered up perfectly, no smoke or explosions :lol:
Red l.e.d. does not flash anymore. Put it right in Boost mode and it's running like a champ. I hope it stays this way.
Here is a link to where I got the caps : http://www.ebay.com/itm/370524149571?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648
If anyone is interested, these are aluminum, electrolytic polarized capacitors, just in case you are shopping at Digikey or Mouser. They have radial leads.

After running about an hour, the board was a bit hot and I would have expected the fans to come on. Can anyone tell me if they run all the time, or just when cooling is called? Also, what are the specs on the fans in case I need to get two.

Thanks

After running about an hour, the board was a bit hot and I would have expected the fans to come on. Can anyone tell me if they run all the time, or just when cooling is called? Also, what are the specs on the fans in case I need to get two.

Depending on the software version your fans may or many not operate continually. Older software versions would have the fans running whenever the unit is powered whereas newer software versions power the fans only when the cell is active. The fan assembly is AutoPilot part # 630.

If the fans are running please post back here and I will give you some diagnostic info to run a test to see if everything is running okay.

fish7days said:
Success!!

Here is a link to where I got the caps : http://www.ebay.com/itm/370524149571?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648
If anyone is interested, these are aluminum, electrolytic polarized capacitors, just in case you are shopping at Digikey or Mouser. They have radial leads.
What's the temperature rating of those capacitors? I got those rated at 105C but saw plenty rated for 85C.
Figured the higher heat tolerance would be an asset in that enclosed box with 2 tiny fans.

Bad news for Pool Pilot Dig220 owners: Your unit in all probability is afflicted or prone to power board problems due to failed/failing capacitors.

Good news for Pool Pilot Dig220 owners: The unit is easily and inexpensively repairable by anyone with minimal soldering skills.

Overall score for the unit: Excellent!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.