My cloudiness started about a week ago. One of my staff added 2 lbs of ph up to raise my PH from 7.2 to 7.8. I learned afterwards that my CC was at 2! Here's where I'm at today at day two of shocking the pool 10am 11/18:
FC 16 - It was at 21 yesterday at 3:40pm
CYA 40- I was supplimenting my liquid bleach 12.5% because I go through CL so quick with my pool temp. I also just read a post about having the correct lighting so I could be lower. I doubt that I have gone through 20- 3inch tabs in my auto chlorinator.
CH 500 or more. When I test for CH the color would go from "pink" to blue and then back to pink when I turned off the magnetic stir. (By the way it works great if you don't own one)
I tested my CH with my tap water and it's over 350 right from the tap. Well water and very high in sulfur. Nearby town is called Coal City....
My question is before I get mugged by the seniors here for closing the pool so I could shock it, can I add oxy clear (Like I probably should have done to start with) or am I asking for a caustic chemical mix. The directions on the container say I need 2 lbs, and we can swim in 15 minutes. It's a non-chlorine shock in case Oxy clear is a brand name.
Since I'm already closed, I'm thinking I'm going to let the chlorine burn off, dump in the oxy clear, and retest for CC tomorrow before my 1 pm class.