Thanks!

Well, I can finally see the bottom of my pool. I just moved in to my house, which had been unoccupied for a year. The pool was cloudy green, and had 15 gallons of acorns in the bottom. (Ask me how I know!)
After reading this forum, and studying a bit, I got rid of the acorns. I backwashed my filter, vacuumed out the detritus, and shocked the heck out of it.
After 3 weeks of care and work, I can see the bottom, and it smells good!
Point is, thank you all! I've learned more in a couple of weeks here than I ever did listening to the pool supply store!
Thanks again, and I owe you a beer!

kombiguy said:
Well, I can finally see the bottom of my pool. I just moved in to my house, which had been unoccupied for a year. The pool was cloudy green, and had 15 gallons of acorns in the bottom. (Ask me how I know!)
After reading this forum, and studying a bit, I got rid of the acorns. I backwashed my filter, vacuumed out the detritus, and shocked the **** out of it.
After 3 weeks of care and work, I can see the bottom, and it smells good!
Point is, thank you all! I've learned more in a couple of weeks here than I ever did listening to the pool supply store!
Thanks again, and I owe you a beer!
Keep a few six packs cold - we'll drop by the next time we're in town... all 40,000 of us. :wink:

Glad you had good results!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.