Zinsser Pool Paint

Nov 14, 2012
Well, regardless of the link, it will be difficult to get a long lasting job worth much using ANY kind of paint. Especially over old paint, you just can't expect much (maybe a year or two) of a long term fix.

I say no. Have owned my 50-yr-old concrete pool with laminated porcelain steel sides for 37 years--and yeah--paint don't last. Can definitely say no to Rumac rubber-base, Ultra-Poly One Coat, and Ultra-Guard. Only luck I've had is using Olympic's Zeron and Gunzite primer. But you're gonna have to grind off the previous paint, which trust me, is a real pain. I just spent 105 hours this summer grinding off bad paint. Trouble with Zeron is the prep work, it is very tedious. But good luck in what you try. Don't know anything about the paints you listed, but if they're not 2-part epoxy paints, they just won't last long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.