white elephant ideas...

hyperionguy

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2012
Houston, TX
Hi TFPers,

I have a holiday party coming up where I need to get a tacky white elephant gift. I'm looking for some ideas. Anyone have some good ones?

I have another one that I go to each year but the gifts are more practical rather than tacky... so i'm having trouble thinking of funny stuff.

I want a TFP (trouble free party) ha.

Thanks!

I allways love the white elephant parties. The Cat lady is an awesome idea. I gifted a Susan Boyle Cd that I got from a travel center/truck stop one year. It got a lot of laughs. I think the best gifts we've seen are out dated CD's, movies, cheap alcohol, candy from south of the border, fire crackers and a funky pinata. Have fun!

Vacation in a box.... use an old shoe box. A post card of hawaii, a plastic lei, some Mai Tai mix, a Don Ho tape. Some directions.. Mix Mai Tai, play Don Ho tape, put on lei, drink Mai Tai, stare at postcard, imagine you're in paradise....

bobodaclown said:
Vacation in a box.... use an old shoe box. A post card of hawaii, a plastic lei, some Mai Tai mix, a Don Ho tape. Some directions.. Mix Mai Tai, play Don Ho tape, put on lei, drink Mai Tai, stare at postcard, imagine you're in paradise....

This is fantastic.

Those are some great responses... I like 'em! Thanks for the input, all.

Top 2 for me are (so far) Crazy Cat Lady and Vacation in a Box. Actually, I laughed hard at the sleep mask, but that is for a different target audience. I hope I get invited to the right party for that one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bobodaclown said:
I saw this and we used the idea to make a WE gift for my wife's work Christmas party. It went over pretty well and was even "stolen" once. Didn't have a Don Ho tape but had a Hawaiian music CD that was not very good so it was an opportune way to dispose of it. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.