What does it cost to add bubblers? (new pool)

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
I'm a couple weeks away from signing a contract on a new inground gunite pool. I recently ran across a couple pools on this site that had bubblers on the tanning ledge. I really liked the look of them, but still know that they don't have a real practical purpose other than aesthetics.

So.. with that said, what does it cost to add them to my planned tanning ledge. I wouldn't be adding the type with the LED nozzles, although I think those look cool (too expensive). I basically just need to know what is reasonable to pay for them, when I bring it up to my PB this weekend.

Also.. Pool will have a water feature rock waterfall, that is fed off its own pump. I figured they can be tied into the system to operate off the same pump.

Example:
fountain-bubblers.jpg

Well, I have no idea what the cost would be, but it is a pretty straight forward addition.
One additional pipe from the equipment pad to the tanning ledge and a valve to control it. I imagine that the outlets are just standard eyeballs like any of the wall outlets. If you have more than 1 bubbler, you need to ensure that the pipe run length is the same to each so they match.

If you are going to run it off the water feature pump, you could just go with a singe 3-way valve that would allow you to adjust the water distribution between the waterfall and the bubbler.

My bid was not itemized so I don't know how a PB might price it. But it's not a lot of extra work. You need to run two PVC lines to the equipment pad and it takes a separate valve (would it be automated?) to control it. You probably also want simple ball valves (mine have red handles) to control the height of the streams. I'm guessing it's about an extra $200 or so in equipment and about $130 of that is the automatic valve actuator. With the extra labor I'm guessing $400-500 would be fair. If you are getting a spa as well, you should not need an extra pump unless you want to run your spa and the bubblers at the same time. Even then, perhaps you can position the valves to run both. With my set up, when I'm in spa mode all of the water is returned to the spa so I can't run my bubblers at the same time.

We have a lighted bubbler in our sun shelf, I agree I think they look cool (at least on the pictures - our is not built yet). I was not OK skipping the lights since I'm hoping this will be a neat part of our pool at night. The part itself was $318.44 and our PB is about to set it before gunnite. The labor to set it kind of got buried in the quote for dig/steel/bond... But it looks like he has cost for 1 1/2" pipe to plumb, 1" conduit for the light, and another thing to bond. The quote for the electrician includes hooking up the light... and was not broken out. Honestly that cost is dominated by the effort to site a subpanel (our case). I do not have final costs on plumbing yet... so there is another pipe to run and another valve (valves are not cheap). From what I understood our automation doo-dad can handle this an more, so once I decided to get automation I paid for that already.

What did you decide and what did it cost?

I'm a couple weeks away from signing a contract on a new inground gunite pool. I recently ran across a couple pools on this site that had bubblers on the tanning ledge. I really liked the look of them, but still know that they don't have a real practical purpose other than aesthetics.

So.. with that said, what does it cost to add them to my planned tanning ledge. I wouldn't be adding the type with the LED nozzles, although I think those look cool (too expensive). I basically just need to know what is reasonable to pay for them, when I bring it up to my PB this weekend.

Also.. Pool will have a water feature rock waterfall, that is fed off its own pump. I figured they can be tied into the system to operate off the same pump.

Example:
fountain-bubblers.jpg
My poolman is charging $7500 for one bu

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.