Hawkeye spa heater

Any error codes on the digital display?

Of course you will want to completely shut off power to the spa before checking these things:

Could possibly be a bad board again. If you are comfortable with electronics you may want to inspect the board for any damaged spots.

Hopefully it's something cheaper like a bad heating element. Heating elements are fairly easy to replace and aren't too expensive. Do the connections to the heating element appear to the be tight and good?

4hawkman said:
no error codes. I have not looked the board over for any hot spots. I hope its a bad element but I do not know where they are located. Thanks, Bill

It should just have a single element installed. Typically you will find it inside of a stainless steel tube near the box that houses the control board.

If you have a mutimeter check voltage at the heater lugs. If the topside is calling for heat you should have 240v across both legs of the heater.

If its getting proper voltage but not heating, if you have access to an ampclamp(a device that measures current), check amp draw on the incoming power to the board. That is normally the easiest place to check amp draw. A typical 5.5kW heater will draw around 23-24 amps. Low speed on the pumo when heating will be around 3-4amps. If you only see the 3amps and the tub is calling for heat with proper voltage to the heater, your element is bad.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.