Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In ground winter cover problems.

1. Back To Top    #1

In ground winter cover problems.

First year closing pool and concrete was not cured so i did not get a safety cover.

I bought a cheap 8x8 weave cover with the water bags. My problem is it seems to seeping thru the cover as there is water on top and has not recently rained.
    Is this normal, thinking about stepping up to a 12x12 wave or maybe even an Armor Kote cover. Will these better covers not seep water thru or is that a characteristic of the old school covers. cant leave cover pump on as it will keep pumping what seems like the pool water out . One thing I like about the old school cover is i can have it cover my concrete decking and not get all the staining from the leaves. Can't do that with a safety cover

Thanks for the feedback !

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: In ground winter cover problems.

How long ago was your concrete poured? I only had to wait ten days to install my anchors for the safety cover. Most concrete folks say a full cure is 28-30 days for full cure depending on temps. ( I believe concrete continues to cure over its entire life but not positive.

Could the water you described be condensation? The wife was outside tonight and heard noises in the pool, she thought we had some type of leak. (I almost had a heart attack, since I just finished the project) after further investigation, the dripping sounds she heard were water beads falling from the underside of the cover hitting the pool water surface. real cold night time temps and fairly warm day = condensation forming on top and under the cover.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.