Rain and cold weather.....I've about had it!!!

No P in my ool said:
Here in Iowa my water hasn't been below 83 degrees since Memorial Day. Solar Heaters rule!!!!

I second that opinion! Here in Wisconsin I will never have another pool witout solar heat again. I feel like a spoiled child being that we pretty much won't go in if the water is less then 86*. I did go swimming in Lake Michigan yesterday... Water Temp. - about 75*.

Adam

Just took the solar cover off here in NH...83 pool temp. It has been a very cold and rainy July/August in northern New England and we did have to run the heat pump a few times. The solar cover has been the huge saver. The past 10 days or so it's been down to 40 each night. I ran the heat pump for about 5 hours yesterday morning for a party we had. That plus sunny day around 80 got it back up to 84.

We had a solar cover growing up in northern Indiana, but it was a royal pain taking it off. The reel we now have is great. We have put the cover back on every night this summer. I would highly recommend to anyone getting a solar cover to also get a reel system. Still working on getting the perfect roll, however. It seems to always bunch up more on one end or the other. Our 5 year old daughter seems to be the best reeling-partner for some reason...she's my go to...but there are hints of discontent...wondering why her older sisters never have to help....

Down to 72. Got really cold here in ND. Rainy weather with highs in the 60s...

Plan to close it up in a couple weeks. I did jump in today and whew thats cold. Probably the last swim of the year. Wow this years swimming season went fast!

It did! I wanted to swim today as the outside temp felt a little warm at around 65-70 (maybe). But the pool temp was 63 degrees and I think at that temp I'd have a hard time shaking the shivers after I get out! :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.