Mesh Pool Covers for inground pools.

Sep 30, 2012
Athens GA
I have a 20 x 40 inground pool that was just renovated. It has a pebble finish and a marble paver deck surround. I have been looking online for a mesh cover. Most want you to drill holes within 18-24 inches from the pool edge to put in anchors. I would rather not due that since the marble is so expensive. I would prefer to have anchors around the outer edge of the deck in the ground. Is there a brand out there that supports this type of thing? I would think that long bunge cords could be used to connect the mesh cover to the anchors. Also I would appreciate recommendations for brands that members have used and feel are a good value. I have emailed In the Swim for info so far.

It takes a lot more strength than a bungee to hold the tension on a pool cover. The problem you will have with longer straps is that the cover will be able to lift in the wind, but I expect you could deal with it in some way. I'd contact the cover makers directly where you can to get the best answers. I'd have a dimensioned drawing of the pool and deck handy because that will be their first question.

I just installed my safety mesh cover yesterday, the overlap was between 14-18 inches (pool to cover edge) then another 18 inches from the edge of the cover for the Anchors. So the anchor holes are actually drilled almost 3 feet from the edge of the pool. Is your coping 3 feet wide? Mine is rated at 5200lbs. Not planning on driving a car on it, but feel better that you could.

If done correctly it shouldn't hurt the new work and will give you piece of mind. If you really want the anchors off the surface you may call the manufacturer and see what they say about extending the anchor straps. (custom cover dimensions)

Meyco covers can taylor a mesh cover directly for what you need. They did mine. www.meycocovers.com or 864-504-3119 to find a dealer near you. Not that I am trying to sell anything for them, but I extremely like mine and its 12 years old. I am planning to have a new one made next year as 13 years has seen its day. Good luck.

You can order your safety cover with extra long straps (you'll have to specify) and install it with the anchors in an extruded aluminum pipe, driven into the ground, just outside the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.