It is trying to turn on...

Nov 10, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to the board and hope you can help us. We emptied our spa this summer and then this weekend cleaned everything up to get it ready for the season. Filled the spa with water via a hose in the filter housing (like we always do) and then turned it on.

- The pump came on and water gently circulated for about 20 seconds.
- then my husband went to turn on the jets and the spa suddenly turned off. the jets never came on.
- The pump/heater light remained on.
- we hit the circuit breaker off and on but still no luck in getting the water to circulate.
- what's interesting is about every 10 - 15 seconds the pump/heater unit sounds like it's trying to turn the circulation on. Like a key in the ignition but the engine will not turn over.

Any ideas? Thank you so much and I will post the fix...as soon as we find it.

Thank you - we found the post, only too late. The water does not circulate at all now. Nor does the heater turn on that circulates the water. There is a clicking noise like it's trying to turn on, but that's it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.