Air Flow Problem

dposit

Nov 10, 2012
I have a Sundance Marin (Model 850) that is about 15 years old. I recently noticed that the FLOW light was flashing. Then the circulation pump stopped working (indication was that pressing the AIR button did not turn on the air jets).
I removed the circulation pump and had it checked out. The tech said that it was bad. I replaced it and ended up with the same problem. Now I wonder if the flow switch is bad. It appears to be closed but not sure if it is working fully. Is there a test for the flow switch(Note: it is about a 1 1/2 years old).
I read through the other messages and someone indicated that there is air bubbles in the water. I don't see any drain plugs to open to relief the air.
On the replacement circ pump, there is ground lug on the chassis (it was not on the old pump; although the old pump had a green safety wire which I connected). I did not hook up the ground lug. Would this cause my problem??
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate to spend more money on the Spa by replacing the flow switch without some verification.

You might also want to check your filters to make sure you can get a good flow through them. Clean them good and try. Also you might be air locked so try adding some water to the spa through the filter line so that the water goes direstly into the lines and pushes out that air. Hope this helped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.