Nautilus Leak at Bulkhead connector

Jul 25, 2010
Folks, I need some help here. Small leak from bulkhead connector. Have replaced both O rings, still leaks. Have now ordered the actual bulkhead fitting. Some questions though.............is there a special way of tightening the bulkhead connector to the intenal piping assy? I'd like to get it tight but the small spacer starts to spin and that has to be in a certain position as it is shaped to fit onto the rounding tank. The leak is coming from the joint between the bulkhead and small spacer and is still there after replacing the O ring. I never had a leak until I replaced the multi port gasket. Maybe coincedental, but as soon as I reoplaced that gasket I got leaks at the bulkhaed connector and small drips from the multi port gasket cover. I'm wondering if somehow the pressure has increased in the system, but the filter dial reads 15 psi and that is standard. How can I tighten that connector without causing the small spacer to spin and go to an offset position, which then means the spacer connection leaks.

Thanks

Re: Nautilus Leak at Bulkhead connector - Read this

I have replaced the bulkhead connector. But........the design has changed and the O-Ring is a completely different size.....and they didn't send one with the part. My local pool supply shop had no updated part numbers either but were able to find me one that fitted like a champ. This is the part they gave me, I know it may be the Warehouse Pool Supply p/n but it could help someone because without the O-Ring you will be snookered. Part 3070-61 S/R O RING DIFFUSER DG/M.
To get the connector tight, I put teflon lube on all the connector faces and used a sears strap wrench that has an adjustable rubber strap. Make sure the two tabs on the small flange that mates to the tank are at 9 o clock and 3 o'clock. If not then you'll get a leak at the small flange. Hope this helps.

Some more info from an Amazon.com customer who emailed me as they couldn't find the o-ring for the new design of teh connector. Nice of Pentair to keep us all in the dark.

"I called the Warehouse Pool Supply and they told me this is a very common oring. It is a Dura Glass Diffuser oring #U9-374. Thanks again for all the help."....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.