Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Rainbow Auto Feeder Model 320 Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Rainbow Auto Feeder Model 320 Question

The home i bought has a Pentair 320 Chlorine Generator which i don't plan to use. Is there anything wrong with not putting tabs in it and leaving it installed or is there a way to just disable it? Unit was used by previous owner (10yrs) and has lots of paste buildup inside canister so it probably doesn't work that well anyways. I thought about removing it all together but at this time i don't want to cut pipe for removal. Thanks!

sand filter
    18K pool
    use liq chlorine
    pentair model: ... 2-196-W007

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pentair Rainbow Auto Feeder Model 320 Question

You can just leave it empty for now. May want to clean the gunk out though.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Clean it up so you can use it for vacations.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

New Jersey

Mine is stored in the basement in case I ever need it. I capped the inlet and plugged the outlet (or vice versa) and left the diverter in place so I can reinstall it in minutes if I want to. Been that way for five years.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.