Does anyone know any tricks for getting stuck PVC loose?

Apr 16, 2007
Gulfport Mississippi
I have a Polaris cleaner with the quick disconnect.

It came with the house/pool and last year I had to cut off this fitting and buy a new one.

It was stuck on and I assumed that the old owners just didn’t use it and over time it oxidized effectively bonding the pieces.

Well I bought a new one and was able to use the quick disconnect two times before it was stuck again.

I would like to get it apart and lube it but like I said I can’t get it off.

Does anyone know any tricks for getting stuck PVC loose?

Hot water or something like that?

You can try this, put one end in very hot water, then immerse the other end in cold, one should shrink the other expand. Short of that you might want to try and see if some Silicone lubricant could be worked into it but spraying it on, then allowing the whole thing to stand up while the silicone works its way down

sammm said:
A strap wrench works great when dealing with big PVC joints.

Yep. If you own a pool, particularly an inground, it's a "must have" piece of equipment. I have two in my pump room. One sized for PVC unions and the locking ring on my telescopic pole, and one that can go bigger. I use the small one pretty regularly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.