Stranco/Stranrol/Siemens/USfilter Ezetrol vs System 3nx

Mar 5, 2011
Hi all,

I've just managed to acquire two Stranco Controller systems as a job lot. We only have one pool to control so providing both of them work, which one should I use for an outdoor pool in Southern England?

The system 3nx is a pH/ORP(HRR) arrangement whereas the Ezetrol is an pH/Amperometric arrangement.

The Ezetrol looks a lot easier to install and was much more expensive originally than the system 3nx with the advantages I have thus far read of an amperometric sensor but in the manual it states that "Do not use stabilised chlorine products, as the Ezetrol will not function correctly." Does this mean that if there is CYA in the water then it will not work or it will kill the probe? Clearly I am going to use bleach as the sanitiser but as we know it is desirable to have some CYA (currently 40) which I can add seperately.

I am consigned to the fact that we will probably have to buy a set of new probes for whichever System we use (From what I have read they are probably dead even though they have been kept "wet" in storage) and I use a taylor test kit so I can monitor results.

The other option is to disregard the controllers totally and just use the injection pumps that came with the controllers on a timer.

I'd appreciate your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks

Gareth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.