Sundance Caprio heater/circuit board

Nov 7, 2007
Phoenix
I have a 2001 Caprio ST spa that is in very good condition. About 6 months ago, the wire that connects the heater to the circuit board fried at the board relay! Do I need to change the entire circuit board, or is it possible to simply change the one bad relay? Also, does the heater necessarily need to be changed, or can I have it tested somewhere? Any help greatly appreciated!!

It all depends on how the board is manufactured but in a lot of cases you can change a relay if you're electronically handy.
You should be able to have it tested but it may be hard finding someone willing to do it.

Exact same year, exact same model, and the exact same problem just happened to me. The circuit board is the 6600-286 which is also used for the Jucuzzi J-300 series spas. In my case the circuit breaker started tripping about a week or so ago. I kept resetting it, and finally one time a few minutes after resetting the breaker, I hear a "zzzz" sound and the breaker blew again. This time I pulled off the side pannels and saw the damage. I clearly shouldn't have reset the breaker after the first time it blew. The connector to the white (yellow?) wire of the "Heater Out" relay was completely melted off of the board. At this point I figure I'll need a new board, and my guess is the original problem was that I need a new heater element... I'll attach an image. Just promise not to remind me how stupid I was for resetting the breaker - I realize that now...
-Scott

Attachments

• spa3.JPG
    spa3.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 20
had the same thing happen with my sundance when it was 11 years old. i tested the heater and it was still good. google how to test it, it's easy. you just need a ohm meter. since my tub was 11 years old i decided to get a new one. so i didn't check to see if the board could be fixed. but everything else worked and nothing burnt off. so i believe it could of been fixed.

I sorta figured the same: 12 years old, seems like the heater drew the excessive current regardless of how it tests. Board might be repairable, but could be a hassle. So, I just ordered a heater and a board. A bit outragous to for just those two parts to total around $350 (sale prices, none-the-less), but hopefully they'll last the remainder of time that we'll have the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.