New build in St. Petersburg, FL.

rm1759

May 11, 2012
New build in Treasure Island, FL, close to st. petersburg and tampa.

~ 36' x 15'
36" sheer descent waterfall
4 deck jets
slide for the kiddos
perimeter fiber optic lighting

equipment:
Hayward ecostar var. spd pump
175 cartridge filter
hayward control and SCG

We are about 1/2 way into the build.

Attachments

• Layout 2.JPG
    Layout 2.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Layout 1.JPG
    Layout 1.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Seawall.jpg
    Seawall.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 283
here is the dig:

[attachment=0:1hdbk23a]Dig.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]

The dig is completed, we were able to get to 7' of depth.

[attachment=1:1hdbk23a]Dig Complete.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]

And the concrete was shot soon after:

[attachment=2:1hdbk23a]Concrete poured.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]

Attachments

• Concrete poured.JPG
    Concrete poured.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Dig Complete.JPG
    Dig Complete.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Dig.JPG
    Dig.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 282
We are also doing an outdoor kitchen, here is the form for that, I had them fill it with concrete when they shot the pool.

[attachment=2:1wr8x0tj]Kitchen Form.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]

The plumbing is complete. sorry about the night shot, it was a late night that night.

[attachment=1:1wr8x0tj]Plumbing.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]

And then the pavers arrived. Lots of pavers.

[attachment=0:1wr8x0tj]Pavers Arrive.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]

Attachments

• Kitchen Form.JPG
    Kitchen Form.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Plumbing.JPG
    Plumbing.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Pavers Arrive.JPG
    Pavers Arrive.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 282
I had planned to do all of the pool deck pavers (1,200 sq ft!) so I recruited help.

[attachment=1:2r4z5enc]Bobcat with Son.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]

[attachment=2:2r4z5enc]Bobcat with Daughter.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]

We got the back porch done, about 700 sq ft. but after 3 days, I decided doing them around the pool perimeter was beyond me with all of the curved cuts, so I am calling in my PB to have him finish it.

[attachment=0:2r4z5enc]Pavers in.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]

Attachments

• Bobcat with Daughter.JPG
    Bobcat with Daughter.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Bobcat with Son.JPG
    Bobcat with Son.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Pavers in.JPG
    Pavers in.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 281
I was not sure anyone was following.

The pool has water that is (somewhat) balanced. still working on that.

the kids have been in it, we set a minimum temp of 72 degrees for them to go in, we have no heater so I got a solar cover to help.

Here are some recent pics.

Attachments

• retwalldone.jpg
    retwalldone.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 165
  • retaining wall done rightside.jpg
    retaining wall done rightside.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 166
  • retaining wall.jpg
    retaining wall.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 165
no problem. I wasn't feeling the love earlier ;).

that whole back deck has been a nightmare. City code said a deck could be no higher than 12" above the pool deck. so, that is what I did, I originally planned to pour it, and then put pavers on it. the inspector saw the forms (bonded, and the correct amount of steel installed). and said no way, the water will run off into the canal.

So I asked him that if I didn't do the deck, what was going to keep the water from the yard from running into the canal? he still said no, then sent two ladies from the city out to look at it (I think they were the zoning/planning people) and they said no way, water will run off into the canal. this still baffles me to this day. So, I waited until the final, and then put it in anyway... we'll see if they catch me.

Note, this deck was in the approved plans, but apparently it wasn't "called out enough". So there went $600 down the drain for the forms that I ripped out in frustration...

of course, they haven't seen the giant slide i plan on putting going into the deepend either...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rm1759 said:
no problem. I wasn't feeling the love earlier ;).

that whole back deck has been a nightmare. City code said a deck could be no higher than 12" above the pool deck. so, that is what I did, I originally planned to pour it, and then put pavers on it. the inspector saw the forms (bonded, and the correct amount of steel installed). and said no way, the water will run off into the canal.

So I asked him that if I didn't do the deck, what was going to keep the water from the yard from running into the canal? he still said no, then sent two ladies from the city out to look at it (I think they were the zoning/planning people) and they said no way, water will run off into the canal. this still baffles me to this day. So, I waited until the final, and then put it in anyway... we'll see if they catch me.

Note, this deck was in the approved plans, but apparently it wasn't "called out enough". So there went $600 down the drain for the forms that I ripped out in frustration...

of course, they haven't seen the giant slide i plan on putting going into the deepend either...

I understand the need for inspections and stuff, but some of the Crud they come up with just makes me shake my head. Here in Texas, Corpus to be exact, you can't power wash bird dung off your side walk into the sewer, but if the rain washes it down the sewer you are good. I still can't believe that is happening in my state. Our next house will be on the water, and hopefully somewhere in central Texas. Your backyard looks really good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.