Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build in St. Petersburg, FL.

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in St. Petersburg, FL.

New build in Treasure Island, FL, close to st. petersburg and tampa.

~ 36' x 15'
    36" sheer descent waterfall
    4 deck jets
    slide for the kiddos
    perimeter fiber optic lighting

equipment:
    Hayward ecostar var. spd pump
    175 cartridge filter
    hayward control and SCG

We are about 1/2 way into the build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build in St. Petersburg, FL.

here is the dig:

[attachment=0:1hdbk23a]Dig.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]

The dig is completed, we were able to get to 7' of depth.

[attachment=1:1hdbk23a]Dig Complete.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]

And the concrete was shot soon after:

[attachment=2:1hdbk23a]Concrete poured.JPG[/attachment:1hdbk23a]
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

3. Back To Top    #3

We are also doing an outdoor kitchen, here is the form for that, I had them fill it with concrete when they shot the pool.

[attachment=2:1wr8x0tj]Kitchen Form.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]

The plumbing is complete. sorry about the night shot, it was a late night that night.

[attachment=1:1wr8x0tj]Plumbing.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]

And then the pavers arrived. Lots of pavers.

[attachment=0:1wr8x0tj]Pavers Arrive.JPG[/attachment:1wr8x0tj]
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

4. Back To Top    #4

I had planned to do all of the pool deck pavers (1,200 sq ft!) so I recruited help.

[attachment=1:2r4z5enc]Bobcat with Son.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]

[attachment=2:2r4z5enc]Bobcat with Daughter.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]

We got the back porch done, about 700 sq ft. but after 3 days, I decided doing them around the pool perimeter was beyond me with all of the curved cuts, so I am calling in my PB to have him finish it.

[attachment=0:2r4z5enc]Pavers in.JPG[/attachment:2r4z5enc]
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice pics.
    So how did it turn out??
    Pentair Intelliflo VS, intellichlor is40, Clean & Clear 150, Caretaker 99 pool floor cleaner, Silencer Spa blower

6. Back To Top    #6

I was not sure anyone was following.

The pool has water that is (somewhat) balanced. still working on that.

the kids have been in it, we set a minimum temp of 72 degrees for them to go in, we have no heater so I got a solar cover to help.

Here are some recent pics.
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is the deck with the pavers.
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

8. Back To Top    #8

Sweet! Not sure how I missed your build.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

9. Back To Top    #9

no problem. I wasn't feeling the love earlier .

that whole back deck has been a nightmare. City code said a deck could be no higher than 12" above the pool deck. so, that is what I did, I originally planned to pour it, and then put pavers on it. the inspector saw the forms (bonded, and the correct amount of steel installed). and said no way, the water will run off into the canal.

So I asked him that if I didn't do the deck, what was going to keep the water from the yard from running into the canal? he still said no, then sent two ladies from the city out to look at it (I think they were the zoning/planning people) and they said no way, water will run off into the canal. this still baffles me to this day. So, I waited until the final, and then put it in anyway... we'll see if they catch me.

Note, this deck was in the approved plans, but apparently it wasn't "called out enough". So there went $600 down the drain for the forms that I ripped out in frustration...

of course, they haven't seen the giant slide i plan on putting going into the deepend either...
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

10. Back To Top    #10

Looks great!!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by rm1759
    no problem. I wasn't feeling the love earlier .

that whole back deck has been a nightmare. City code said a deck could be no higher than 12" above the pool deck. so, that is what I did, I originally planned to pour it, and then put pavers on it. the inspector saw the forms (bonded, and the correct amount of steel installed). and said no way, the water will run off into the canal.

So I asked him that if I didn't do the deck, what was going to keep the water from the yard from running into the canal? he still said no, then sent two ladies from the city out to look at it (I think they were the zoning/planning people) and they said no way, water will run off into the canal. this still baffles me to this day. So, I waited until the final, and then put it in anyway... we'll see if they catch me.

Note, this deck was in the approved plans, but apparently it wasn't "called out enough". So there went $600 down the drain for the forms that I ripped out in frustration...

of course, they haven't seen the giant slide i plan on putting going into the deepend either...
    I understand the need for inspections and stuff, but some of the **** they come up with just makes me shake my head. Here in Texas, Corpus to be exact, you can't power wash bird dung off your side walk into the sewer, but if the rain washes it down the sewer you are good. I still can't believe that is happening in my state. Our next house will be on the water, and hopefully somewhere in central Texas. Your backyard looks really good.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.