Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 94 Soverign Overheating

1. Back To Top    #1

94 Soverign Overheating

So the other day I dumped and refilled my spa.. (94 Hot Springs Soverign).. today I went back out to throw some more dichlor in there to get my CYA up and the thing was pegged on my floating thermometer. It had to have been 150+ degrees. Obviously I unplugged it, but don't have any idea where to start?? The thermostat is not working, and I believe there is some sort of hi-limit thermostat as well that's not working. I'm familiar with the mechanics of the tub but not so much the electric logic. Any hints?

Under Construction - Coleman 18' x 48" Above Ground Pool (6200 gal)
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump, 14", 2800 GPH
    Sioux City, IA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Redmond, OR

Re: 94 Soverign Overheating

Most heaters use snap discs that open and close at certain temperatures. Look for these, they can be tested with an OHM meter, or that setting on a multimeter.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D