Bleach solution for scrubbing pool.

chem geek said:
Are you talking about something that looks like from Day 3 to Day 4 in this link? You only have a noticeable drop in chlorine when there is a lot to oxidize and that happens in the early stages, but later on the organics that are left are slower-to-oxidize or don't get oxidized by chlorine at all and must get filtered out.

I also assume you are absolutely positive that there aren't metals in the water (and remember that iron which can be yellow will look green against a blue vinyl liner background). If you suspect metals, lower the pH and if it lightens up then that makes it more likely.

At those really low temps - is it more important to get this done now or get that pool down and emptied before it is ruined by the temps?

I worry the material is going to get really brittle.

I have to wait for a non-rainy day. It's coming, later this week.
Hopefully I can vacuum it tomorrow.

Pool is completely clear now. Just didn't get how it could not be eating CL, but be green.
I'm still not really sure I understand that one. Ate CL at the start though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.