Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie closing a Fiberglass pool ?water level- solved

1. Back To Top    #1
    NE Kansas

Newbie closing a Fiberglass pool ?water level- solved

Ok, I've read and reread Pool school, I understand what I need to do for the most part to close this weekend. My real question is how far to drain the pool.
    Pool school says 4 inches below returns. That would be 18 inches from the bottom of coping. My warranty says to leave at normal level but blow lines and add antifreeze. We do get quite a bit of rain and snow so I can see the level coming up as pool school advises, but am worried about being that low (18 inches) when the shallow end is a bench that's only 30 inches deep.
    Suggestions please.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Newbie closing a Fiberglass pool ?water level

I would follow the warranty as long as it's in force. You don't want to void the warranty.

Blowing the lines and adding antifreeze is an acceptable way to winterize.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, California

Re: Newbie closing a Fiberglass pool ?water level

I second what Bama said. If it's still under warranty follow their guidelines so as not to invalidate your warranty.