Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: high water level after closing

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario Canada

high water level after closing

Closed the pool about 5 weeks ago to 3 inches below returns. Using a saftey mesh loop loc cover and the water level is now well into the skimmer about 3 inches below normal water line. Anti-freeze in the skimmer has been washed away.

Should I be draining a few inches from the pool to get the water level at least back below the skimmer before we get a hard freeze (located in Canada)?
    30K Gallon 18x36, Sand Filter, IG Vinyl, 1HP Hayward, Aquarite SWG, Jandy Lite2 Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: high water level after closing

Buy a "gizmo" for the skimmer.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Central NJ

Re: high water level after closing

buy a gizmo and cut a piece of a noodle and wedge inside the skimmer for added protection.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit