Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Luna quartz

1. Back To Top    #1

Luna quartz

Our current pool has pebble tec. Love the look hate the maintance and it tears my kids up. We are moving and planning on building another pool. It was suggested we try Luna quartz and they can add extra abalone shells. Anyone have this? Thoughts? Thanks.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Luna quartz

Quote Originally Posted by Andiejj
    Our current pool has pebble tec. Love the look hate the maintance and it tears my kids up. We are moving and planning on building another pool. It was suggested we try Luna quartz and they can add extra abalone shells. Anyone have this? Thoughts? Thanks.
    This may not be useful but we have vinyl and I LOVE the way it feels on the feet. I have had problems with plaster pools in the past tearing my feet up and didn't like the idea of a vinyl pool - but after having used one for the summer - I like it.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you looked into mini-pebble finish. My PB won't even use standard pebble tec anymore because of its abrasiveness, and uses the mini-pebble instead. He also adds abalone shells to the mini pebble for that extra pop.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Andiejj View Post
    What did you end up with?