Recommend a pool builder that services Katy, Texas

We almost went with Sunset but something didn't feel right. We talked to a bunch of different builders and ended up going with Pulliam Pools at 99 & I-10. All prices were about the same, but it came down to personal attention and accommodation. If you want to get a bid from them ask for Robert Ansohn and tell him Seabury sent you.

BTW - Tanr at Sunset was a great designer, but we just couldn't pull the trigger with them. The Platinum guy never showed up for our initial consult and then wasn't apologetic at all with my wife and so she not only told him not to bother, but gave him a quick lesson in customer service. I have heard good thing's about Casey's Pools too over here on 1463 and seen a few of their pools out in my neighborhood.

Good Luck.

PS - If you don't mind me asking, what was your issue with Sunset?

Thanks. We got a quote from encore but looking for a couple others. Do you live off 1463...we do. I dealt with caseys when we had a leak and while he was nice, he made promises but never followed through. Ah...sunset. Well Adam was great in the beginning. Build was smooth. Then we had issue on top of issue with almost every piece of equipment. Our surcrete cracked in many plces and it took a year to get adam to fix it. Last year we had a leak and adam would not even point us in directio. To get it fixed so his dad at Laguna helped us. Lastly we found out he told us he put one type of pool light and it was another. Thanks for yiur input.

Ugh that sucks. Glad we didn't go Sunset. Yes I'm in Firethorne. Ours was finished this summer and we've had only very minor issues - low speed on the pump was initially programmed incorrectly, and a a minor drip mark on the colored plaster. Both issues were addressed quickly and satisfactorily. They are construction projects so there will ALWAYS be issues, you just hope they address them professionally. I think it's more just about finding a company that has a good reputation and just as importantly has a designer/sales staff that you can communicate with clearly and efficiently so that when things go wrong (they always do) you can get them addressed. Best of luck to you guys. My pool's till 82 without the heater!...where's winter when you want to use the hottub?

We just built our pool in August and went with Grand Isle Pools. They are located in Cyprus, but work in all areas of Houston. Very happy with the job they did and they have build several of our neighbors pools also - Ask for John Armao and tell him the Huye's sent you. We also had Platinum come out and give us a design - they were more expensive and unresponsive to questions once we went to the design center and didn't sign a contract on the spot. They then called us 3 weeks later and were suprised when they found out we had started the build with someone else. I still need to post a few pictures on here, but if you want, PM me an email address and I can send a few to you - also search Grand Isle Pools on youtube and there are several videos of their designes. Ours is the Modern Elegance in Sienna.

We also went with Sunset in Aug. of 2011. The pebble finish looks like it was not properly acid washed. Called Adam several times and he suggested I call Modern Gunite. They told me to keep brushing and lower the TA - it didn't help. A lot of unexposed pebbles beneath heavy blue plaster is what I see when I dive down. Also my pool deck started cracking in less than six month - wish I had taken more pictures of the construction so I would know how it was constructed. Spent a lot of money so I am a little disappointed.

I know this is an older thread but I can't say enough good things about Wet Pools. Everyone on the team was great to work with. If an issue came up, communication was excellent and the matter was resolved quickly. Plus above all else, the quality is too notch. The crews used were all very nice were meticulous with everything. Price was great too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.