Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Alkalinity test in the T100

1. Back To Top    #1

Small Town Indiana

Alkalinity test in the T100

Any thoughts about color change? Typically it is blue and then you add drops of #9 until it turns red (or in high chlorine it turns yellow). Any thoughts if it just turns a different color or blue? I wasn't sure if I "overshot" the red? Has anyone seen this before. I tested it yesterday and that didn't happen. Just a curiosity question.
    18,000 Gallons, 16 X 32, Sand Filter, IG, Vinyl Liner, SWCG, Built 2011, Opened April 2012, TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Alkalinity test in the T100

You can find more detailed info about all the tests here:

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Alkalinity test in the T100

It usually starts of green and goes to red after you've added enough R-0009 titrant. If it starts off blue then that usually indicates a high chlorine level in which case it will go to yellow. You can add more R-0007 thiosulfate drops to reduce the chlorine at the start of the test so that you have a normal green to red transition.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"