Help replacing bearings on Pentair need shop recommendation

Nov 4, 2012
My pump works but is making a lot of noise and vibration, I took it apart and is not clogged or anything. After reading different posts in the forum, I realized that it is probably the bearings. Can someone recommend a shop around the inland empire area (ontario) where I can get my motor refurbished with new bearings?

Thank you

Francisco

Re: Help replacing bearings on Pentair need shop recommendat

poolsupplysales said:
You would be better off to replace the motor if the bearings are bad the windings will be next

I was hoping that getting the motor refurbished would be cheaper than getting a new motor/pump.

fcienfuegos said:
poolsupplysales said:
You would be better off to replace the motor if the bearings are bad the windings will be next

I was hoping that getting the motor refurbished would be cheaper than getting a new motor/pump.

I'm with poolsupplysales, if you can even find a rebuilder, I'd guess a rebuild would be north of $150.00, a new motor $230.00 to $300.00.
We've occasionally replaced bearings on pump motors; but only rarely.

And since you need to deal with the motor, maybe now would be the time to consider upgrading to a 2-speed motor on your existing pump. May cost a little more up front, but running on low will save you a considerable amount of money on electricity in the future.

Just some food for thought ... although at this point we do not know anything about your pool setup and flow requirements to offer any suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.