Suction Pool Vac recommendations

multifuel

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 3, 2012
Treasure Coast FL
Hi All- i am new to this site; have been a pool owner on So.FL for 9+ years. I havee learned alot on my own and love my pool, use it often. One problem i have is I travel OFTEN! almost weekly, so i have to rely on my auto vac to keep it up, but in all fairness I am in a screened enclosure and it doesn't get too bad and never more than the occasional leaf from a potted plant.
I have great water and it has been a low maintenance pleasure ll these years.
I inherited from previous owner a baracuda ALPHA- loved it and it worked well with a annual diaphragm replacement and towards the end everything else! that finally went kaput and I bought for 500 dollars a baracuda X7 quattro- which is garbage. It totally broke on me three weeks ago, the "engine" was in pieces. I was highly satisifed with the alpha but the X7 was a disappointment from day 1, i am glad it died.

Now I am looking at the baracuda G2 as it is basically the Alpha- and just discovered the Poolverngnuegen "The Pool Cleaner". They are basically 100 dollars apart with the pool cleaner being more pricey.
What i am hoping is to make the best decision so am seaking your opinions if you have either or both. I am not price drive, if the pool cleaner is better the economy will be better in the long haul. I run my pool with a solar heater and swim whenever it is in the 80's (water temp) which is close to ten months a year and as i said, mostly just pollen and a little dirt and such, nothiing big or hard to suck up. Thanks! I have been reading a lot on this site since i discovered it yesterday while researching my vac purchase, wish i knew about it a decade ago when we bought this house!

I have the 4 wheel version of "the pool cleaner" (TPC). I have the Quatro Pro right now and am not a fan of it in the least.
My TPC worked OK for many years. It is just expensive to replace the tires. It was running me $60-80 (depending what I could find online) to replace them each year. Also the turbine was replaced twice. Never had any issues with the gears. It just didn't cover my pool as well as my old Navigator Ultra did, but it did pick up leaves and acorns without choking mostly. The navigator would die on a blade of grass or pine needle.
The X7 dies after going about 2 hours. Biggest most expensive POS I have experienced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.